How to Download Singstar Songs from the UK Singstore
Universal Music Group had recently come to agreement to sell its songs on the UK/EU Singstore. But unfortunately, this will be unlikely extended to the US Sony American Singstore. So how can you download those Singstar songs from the EU/UK Singstore to use on your American PlayStation?
- Sony Playstation 3
- Singstar PS3
- UK PSN Card (Can be purchased from online retailers like HMV.com, Amazon.co.uk, etc.)
- UK Email account (.co.uk email) — using something like Yahoo! mail with home country set to United Kingdom
- Create a new profile on your PS3. Be sure to have it as a UK PSN ID using the UK Email account.
- Load your Singstar PS3 CD. There will likely be a prompt to install a patch for the latest UK/EU version. Install the patch.
- When Singstar finally loads up, go to the online section and access the UK Singstore. Fill the cart with the songs you want (songs are ₤0.99 but do not need tax).
- To pay, select PSN card and enter the code of the UK PSN card you bought. You can download now!
- When the downloads are completed, sign out of the UK PSN ID profile and log into your regular PS3 profile.
- Start up Singstar again. It will now detect the new songs on the system and update your song library (like they had been purchased from the US Singstore).
Note: You will have to keep your UK PSN ID profile or you will lose all your downloads. This workaround is based on the fact that you can share content downloaded on a PS3 profile to all other profiles on the same PS3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q: Can you transfer or share downloads?
A: No, you can only use it on your own PS3.
Q: Can you upload videos featuring UK Singstore songs with your US profile?
A: Unfortunately no, but it works with your UK profile.
Q: How many songs are exclusive to the UK Singstore?
A: There are about 250+ more songs.
Q: Why is a UK PSN card needed to purchase from the UK Singstore?
A: You can always create a UK PSN ID to view the UK Singstore catalog, but you cannot purchase unless you have a UK-based credit card. The only workaround is to use the UK PSN card.
Q: If my PS3 dies or I want to upgrade my PS3 can I transfer my songs?
A: Unfortunately, you are probably out of luck because you weren’t suppose to have the songs in the first place. So this is a risk you assume (but it doesn’t hurt to ask Sony).
Leave a Comment